I don't know if this is a Love Poem


 I've been trying to write this for the past 2 years

Still can't decide if it's a Love Poem or not


I met someone in 2014

She was shy only to the rest but not to me 

to me, she was a huge-headed lioness

With pride and extraordinary eyesight

She saw through me

That's how she detected my kindness

even before she knew me

even before I knew I had in possession something of such kind


I was scared of living my life without her

I knew damn well 1st love is a fantasy

as it was the 3rd time in my life

to be in love for the 1st time. 


Thinking of how I did things I swore I'd never do

Like paying for her bus fare to her home

while I walked for miles to mine, 

Makes me curse the day I was born


Listening to her was my favorite part of the day

As I watched her pink juicy lips curve in different ways 

Left me in curly thoughts

How could anyone be incredibly flawless? 


I have fought boys for her

Occasionally the lads came with other boys 

who brought guns to a fistfight

I managed to stand my ground always

She was the solidity inside me that I thought I never had

I got used to war and violence while defending what we had

She could point at boys for me to beat up

Then later during the night, I nurse my beat-up conscience 

And reflect on how vulnerable I was when she wasn't with me 


#ThePhenomwillrise™️

#Poetry

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DEATH vs TIME

WELCOME