A LETTER TO THE GIRL I USED TOBE
When you turned 16 was the 1st time you said out loud
you wouldn't want to live anymore
In therapy you said you'd never make it by 21
On my 21st birthday i thought about you
& you were right
My Parents never told me about you
Its as if you existed only as the initials to my name
I know they named you Emmah
Not because i was introduced to you
But because each time i remember myself
Your name comes first
You were not scared of putting on short skirts
and walking with skirts with long slits no
You were just afraid of what boys would do to you
And also afraid that the girl you wore them for
has never noticed you
Emmah,
My Name is Kinaya.
I know we have never met yet
But this is who they replaced you with,
Me.
They never talk about you
We were having dinner on Tuesday someone said Emmah,
....
It was silent like the grave they put you in
and no one knows about it
Nobody talked of You Emmah
No one was allowed to
My brother brought it out during dinner as he was mentioning
his teachers' names from school
I guess thats why on Wednesday,
My brother woke up in a different boarding school.
I was you,
They changed you because they wanted a child
they'd not be ashamed of
Truth is,
I didn't turn out fine
And i hate myself
Sometimes i wish i remained you
I have bits of you in myself
Your passion is my aggression
Your success my predicaments
Your eyes are my blind side
Thats how i get stabbed in the back
For not watching my back
That how similar we are
No One is there to watch our back
#ThePhenomwillrise™️
#Poetry
Comments
Post a Comment